JCM Opportunity Fund, I
The JCM Opportunity Fund I, LLC (Fund) was formed in Q4 2013 to engage in a combination of private lending and asset acquisition in order to generate current cash flow and long term capital appreciation on a diversified basket of underlying investments.
The Fund intends to target investments that meet the Fund’s objectives in the areas of Dunkin Donut franchising and commercial real estate.
The Fund intends to pursue an asset allocation strategy of two-thirds stabilized / CORE investments and one-third opportunistic investments.
The stabilized / CORE investments will provide the Fund’s investors with steady, predictable cash flows. Assets will be acquired toward the bottom of a cycle, while locking interest rates in a historically low environment, to yield stable returns with low volatility.
Strategic investments in Dunkin’ Donuts franchises, particularly in emerging markets, and opportunistic real estate investments will provide the Fund’s investors with appreciation, and outsized multiples on invested equity.
Below are high level parameters for each investment strategy the Fund intends to pursue:
Stabilized / CORE Strategy:
- Tier 1 Markets
- Infill / High Traffic Locations
- High Occupancy Rates
- Steady or Increasing Rental Rates
- Stabilized Assets
- Tier 2 and 3 Markets
- Revenue and Expense Inefficiencies
- Ground-up development
- Distressed opportunities
- Note acquisitions
- Bridge and mezzanine financing
- Expansion capital for Dunkin’ Donuts franchisees in emerging markets
JCM Opportunity Fund completed investments
- Real estate investment in Boca Raton, FL
- $5,242,500 of Invested Equity
- Realized Proceeds: $6,181,749
- Actual Holding Period: 5 months
- 43% Average Annual Return
- 47.8% Gross IRR
- Real estate investment in Winston-Salem, NC
- $4,000,000 of Invested Equity
- Realized Proceeds: $5,951,512
- Actual Holding Period: 17 months
- 22.04% Realized Average Annual Return
- 21.10% Realized IRR
- QSR investment in Miami, FL
- $7,300,000 of Invested Equity
- Realized Proceeds: $8,982,619
- Actual Holding Period: 16 months
- 22.96% Realized Average Annual Return
- 17.29% Realized Gross IRR
JCM Opportunity Fund closed investments
- QSR investment in Atlanta, GA
- $7,400,000 of Invested Equity
JCM Edge UML, LLC
- Real Estate investment in Lowell, MA
- Invested Equity: $11,500,000
JCM 84 Obery, LLC
- Real Estate investment in Plymouth, MA
- Invested Equity: $3,500,000
JCM Edge Brown, LLC
- Real Estate investment in Providence, RI
- Invested Equity: $11,500,000
A level of balance and diversification in our first investments
50% of the investments are in our real estate execution
- JCM Banyan BR, LLC involved an independent living facility that was renovated into an assisted living facility in Boca Raton, FL.
- JCM Edge WS, LLC was a ground up, medical multifamily development adjacent to the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC.
50% of the investments are in our Quick Service Restaurant execution
- JCM PJ Miami, LLC, an investment in a Papa John’s Pizza network
- JCM Atlanta DD, LLC, an investment in a Dunkin’ Donuts network
Check out a video of our JCM 25th Anniversary and Opportunity Fund Launch event.
It should be noted that this website should not be construed as an offer or a solicitation of an offer to buy interests in any investment fund managed by JCM (the “Funds”). Any such offer will be made only to qualified investors by means of an offering memorandum and other operative documents, and only in those jurisdictions where permitted by law.